What is BioKrypt?
BioKrypt is a biometric e-mail encryption system, which replaces unsecure passwords.
BioKrypt in details:
BioKrypt replaces unsecure passwords with palm vein recognition based biometric e-mail encryption. By using BioKrypt, the user only needs his/her hand for high security e-mail encryption.
In order to encrypt a message with password, the following options are available:
- send the password to the recipient via SMS
- send the password via e-mail to the recipient
- discuss the password in advance, but in such cases, personal meeting is required each time to change the password
By using BioKrypt, the recipient of the encrypted e-mail and its attachments can be chosen previously in an enclosed environment. The encrypted e-mail can be only opened by the recipient’s palm vein pattern and after closing the e-mail it will be stored automatically encrypted.
Our solution is Microsoft Outlook compatible, therefore it can be installed as an add-on feature.
After installing BioKrypt, the user has the following three options to send an e-mail:
- Encryption via biometric HASH code
- Password based encryption
- Sending e-mails without encryption
Main benefits of using BioKrypt:
- Unsecure passwords, which can be stolen easily are replaced and managed by single-gate biometric identification
- No more expiring passwords
- Decreased security risk
- Increased efficiency
- Outlook compatible
- Can be combined with other BioSec products
- Easy to install