What is GateKeeper?
GateKeeper is a physical access control system based on biometric technology. GateKeeper is specialized in 1:n authentication but can be optionally extended with RFID readers for 1:1 verification. In addition it can be integrated into 3rd party systems.
The GateKeeper in details:
The GateKeeper is a palm vein recognition based biometric access control system, which ensures the highest security level with 1:n identification, but it can be also combined with RFID in case of request. As palm vein recognition is one the most advanced biometric technologies, it is perfectly suitable for the protection of high security places. However, palm vein recognition based access control is not only for high security places, it can be also deployed wherever fast, convenient and easy to use (mass) authentication is needed. In case of premises with different security levels, the BioSec hybrid access control system can be a cost effective solution, which combines our GateKeeper physical access control system with RFID. Using our hybrid access control system, high security places can be protected by palm vein recognition based authentication, while low risk access points can be accessed by using RFID cards.
Main benefits of using BioSec’s GateKeeper physical access control system:
- Highest security in personal authentication
- It can be integrated with most systems
- 256 bit encryption, also encrypted data flow and database
- Active Directory compatible, therefore IT and physical access right management can be done using only one surface
- Equally suited for large or small systems
- Mass authentication module
- Visitor management, antipassback, antioutback
- 1:n or 1:1 authentication
- It can be combined with RFID
- It can be used for controlling electromechanical entry devices (turnstiles, gates, magnetic locks, barriers)
Main parts of the BioSec GateKeeper system:
BS 100 Terminal:
The BS 100 terminal is a biometric authentication unit, which was designed for mass
application and extensive use, therefore it was specially developed for industrial...
BS Cont GK
The BS CONT GK is the local controller unit of the BioSec physical
access control system, which can both function in online and offline modes.
Registration desk terminal for optimal hand positioning and for the
Optional RFID reader for 1:1 verification. The reader is installed
next to the BS 100 terminal. The RFID reader can be used independently or with/without
the biometric reader.
The BioSec server software, the IDENGINE is responsible for the
identification-, security- and client management processes. It is the heart...
The BioSec GateKeeper can be used in the following versions:
- as a central system, where all personal information and
biometric template are stored centrally, but right management is done in...